Friday, January 8, 2010

Song of the week - Episode 72

Phew….I’m back. Rumours being circulated about my demise by various imperialist trash are not true. Anyone other than my Brother or Father who spots that reference wins a prize.

More about my holiday in a future post but let me say this. Berry in New South Wales is a lovely place to visit. Wollongong is less so. Also, if the name of a road has “Mountain” in it then it might be difficult to ride up!

I’ve only been home about 30 minutes so here are three songs…do with them what you will.

Motley Crue – Saints of Los Angeles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLJcgAt8rUI

Motley Crue is a band that should be dead many times over. Whilst their escapades don’t impress me, their tenacity coupled with their ability to write a catchy sleaze rock song is admirable. This is the title track from their latest album.

Johnny Cash and Waylon Jennings – Ain’t No Good Chain Gang: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH22W4W3zIo

A classic from Johnny and Waylon. There are a heap of versions of this song – the one where they are playing as “The Highwaymen” is worth searching out I may torture the family with the DVD is a few minutes!

The Band of the Royal Regiment of Scotland - Itchy Fingers, Clumsy Lover, Scotland the Brave, Black Bear: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKfnfcgH3L4

Recently I watched the Edinburgh Tattoo on TV and then followed that with reading some of an Ian Rankin novel. Therefore it is time for bagpipes.

Stay tuned to this blog for holiday ramblings including The Wiggles, Umberto Eco, coffee, cycling and long lost Mexican food.

DJ Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment