Sunday, January 28, 2024

World Wide Woozle episode #624

Friends, Bogans, countrymen, it's a long weekend here in Australia. I've filled it with dogsitting Fitzwilliam and Gertrude, catching up with some friends, a spot of cycling, plenty of rehab exercises and loads of time to listen to music. And without wanting to get into the annual heated discussion about whether or not we should mark the colonisation of Australia with a public holiday, it'd be nice if people could be respectful whatever side of the issue they sit on.

Sam Kekovich - 2010 address to the United Nations - https://youtu.be/wIO06VgG8fQ

Respect is what is missing in much of our day to day discourse with others. How dare they not agree with my opinion? Can they not see they are racists / bigots / left wing loonies and that I am correct? I listened to an interview on the radio with an American Harvard professor who related that his parents had been on opposite sides of the political spectrum in the USA. One voted Republican and the other, Democrat. It didn't stop them loving one another, raising a family, having friends or anything else. How far we've come, and not in a good way.

Jenny Morris - Humanity - https://youtu.be/9drwgxJvuCQ

The physio, impressed because unlike many clients I actually take my rehab seriously, has advised that I am now allowed to ride for up to an hour at a time. There's a caveat there that it can't be every day of the week. To be honest, I'd love to be able to hit the road for two to three hours cruising in the sunshine but my body isn't ready yet. Gertie and Fitz have been very helpful when I'm on the ground doing my stretches and strengthening and my head and feet are always clean as a result! It's nice to be loved.

Garrett / Barnes - Dreams of Ordinary Men (live Marc Hunter tribute show) - https://youtu.be/klM5ERfTwz8



That'll do. Don't forget to check out what I'm listening to by clicking here. It changes all the time so; you snooze, you lose.

Rock on and keep smiling,
The Woozle

"I hear much support for the monarchy,
I hear the Union Jack's to remain.
I see Namatjira in custody,
I see Truganini's in chains."
Midnight Oil, Truganini, 1993.

1 comment: