Sunday, January 14, 2024

World Wide Woozle episode #622

Hello rock and roll fans, brace yourselves for more nonsense from the purveyor of pop, the connoisseur of country, the harbinger of heavy metal and....oh what a lot of nonsense, it's just me.

Health wise...well I can walk again without pain. The physio has given me a nine week rehab plan and it started yesterday. I can assure you that I'll be sticking to it. The upshot of all the damage is that we've discovered that my left hip is currently 50% less strong than the other one. That's not helping. It may all stem from a bad bicycle crash I had a number of years ago where that hip got slammed hard. Anyway, I had a 30 minute ride yesterday which was my first time on a bike in about five weeks. It was magnificent to be free again even if it wasn't fast or far. 

Saxon - Back On The Streets - https://youtu.be/R0FM4gCyRek

This song popped into my feed in the last week or so and I've had it on high rotation. If you like reggae beats , big fat bass lines and sweet, sweet vocals then try this out. I was pleasantly surprised that I recognised a few words. After all, it is a very long time since I was in primary school in New Zealand. I can't find it on YouTube so have a go at the Spotify link below. Well worth it.


I was listening to the first Danzig album the other day. It's a good one if you need a bit of energising and I did. Then I saw that Glenn had recorded some Elvis cover versions. I can hear the purists screaming about blasphemy already but then, Glenn's not bad at that either. If you know his work from groups such as The Misfits or Danzig then you'll probably like this. If you don't know him from a bar of soap then listen anyway because it's spooky and beautiful.

Danzig - Always On My Mind - https://youtu.be/Ij_J5DFEFsA

I first heard Sean Rowe when he released a cover of a Waylon Jennings song. He's a guy with a voice that booms, soars and oozes character. Sean has the rare talent of making a voice and a guitar sound absolutely massive.

Sean Rowe - To Leave Something Behind - https://youtu.be/BcPZpVePQ8k

That's enough for this episode. However, I will have some new original rock to share next time...or you'll see it on my Insta page in the next few days...  @rob.woozle.

Keep smiling everyone,
The Woozle.

"Off on your way, hit the open road
There is magic at your fingers
For the spirits ever lingers
Undemanding contact in your happy solitude..."

Oh go on, click that last link...

No comments:

Post a Comment