Friday, April 15, 2011

Song of the Week #138


Some weeks you just have too much to do. This is one of those weeks and it isn’t over yet.


Should I be worried as a parent when my child’s teacher says that she doesn’t know if students know how to study? I think so. I walked away from that particular interview completely befuddled. Luckily the rest were really good. And my kids seem happy and are working hard so I can sleep a little better hopefully.


Musically I’ve got a couple of songs to learn over the next two weeks – and I might do a bit of home recording so stay tuned. I may have to search around for someone with a better singing voice though.


As a former student of ADFA, I must say that I’m a bit over the media coverage. I wish they’d just get on and do their reviews and make the changes they need. A fair bit of unsavoury stuff happened to me there as well although nothing quite like the current claims airing in the media. It was over 20 years ago now but it is interesting that events like that can still get you down. ADFA wasn’t a bad place, but it certainly had its own particular issues. For me the lack of balance between military life and tertiary study was the problem – my results bear that out. I was really good at shining shoes and scrubbing toilets, and my series of bare passes in a number of subjects has a direct correlation in my opinion.


John Fogerty – Violence is Golden


I’m about to start a two week break. It should be great. I have Angus’ birthday as well as mine coming up next week. He’s happy to become a teenager and I’m unsure about hitting 40.


Here’s two songs all about the future.


Billy Bragg – Waiting For The Great Leap Forwards


Sam Cooke – A Change Is Gonna Come


Hang on to your hats because Song of the Week tends to get a bit wordy when I’m on leave…


Cheers Big Ears!


DJ Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment