Friday, April 9, 2010

Song of the Week - Episode 85

Busy, busy, busy. That about sums up this week. Also it has sucked as both Alison and Angus have been sick for a while now. Hopefully they are now on the mend.

The big news for me is that I’ve coughed up the cash and entered Ironman. It is in Western Australia in December. Better get training. I have no idea how long it will take me and I’m not sure I care. I want to finish inside the 17hr time limit and get my hands on that finishers medal as well as booking in for an Ironman tattoo. It’ll be a one off I reckon.

School’s out for two weeks which is awesome. Everyone needs a rest around here and that’s kids and staff!

And it is a HUGE weekend coming up. The tri club awards are tonight, Brumbies vs Cheetahs in rugby tomorrow and then the Paris-Roubaix cycling on Sunday night. I’ll need the holidays to recover.

In other news I finally got off my rear end and sold the Toyota Yaris (aka the red glovebox). It was so easy in the end. Took about 4 days from advertising to waving goodbye. I need some cold weather gear for the scooter..brrrrr.

Over the Easter break I finally managed to watch “This is England”. Scary movie. Pretty much the British version of “Romper Stomper” or “American History X”. There were some scary gangs where I went to high school but nothing like the ones in the movie. Thatcher’s England really was a pretty dismal place.

Billy Bragg – It Says Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RunXQq6cf3U

I was watching the news the other day and there was yet another bombing in Pakistan. Then there was unrest on the West Bank. Closely followed by fighting somewhere else and it went on. Depressing. It made me think of these two songs. Take from them what you will.
Midnight Oil – Instant Karma: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5xG-h7ypUw

Living Loud – In The Name of God: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOGNDcvTwso

Special mention to anyone who knows which bands the players in Living Loud are from (Will – you’re not allowed to play!)

DJ Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment