Friday, January 3, 2014

Song of the Week #279

Welcome back brothers and sisters to the rock 'n' roll journey that may
twist and turn but never ends!

This week's episode is coming to you from Australia's Snowy Mountains.
We're here for a little bit as the area surrounding HQ Woozle have been
invaded by people pretending to be car enthusiasts. The cars are fine.
The noise is bearable. But the human traffic is not.

We only arrived here this afternoon so I haven't got too much to report.
However, Angus has been in the lake on a stand up paddleboard and a
kayak already. Tomorrow we've got some off-road Segway riding to look
forward to and then there are 25km of mountain bike trails to check out.
It's good to have a few days off the road bike. I had a 90km ride
yesterday that felt rotten.

It's a new year as well just in case anyone hadn't noticed. I don't do
resolutions for a number of reasons. But I did choose a theme song.

Glen Campbell - Try a little kindness - http://youtu.be/JX7NNMKBPsw

I don't think I'm lacking in kindness really but it's more about how I
think about people. The bit in the song about not letting narrow minded
people ruin your day also resonates with me.

2014 holds two potentially fantastic gigs that I already have tickets
to. Billy Bragg at home in Canberra and Steve Earle in Sydney. Both of
these artists continue to have a significant influence on my musical
tastes so I can't wait to see them.

Steve Earle & The Dukes - Good Ole Boy (Gettin' Tough) -
http://youtu.be/6P7dkAVmCJ0

I'm also very, very, VERY much looking forward to getting my guitar
chops back and playing some tunes with H, Chief and the rest of the
band. I started some rehearsing at home recently and I was pleased that
my playing wasn't too rusty. I've got some gear modifications to do in
terms of amplification so watch this space!

AC/DC - Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution - http://youtu.be/X_IWlPHMziU

I must admit I felt slightly lost this week. Zoƫ has been away at camp
and Angus has been working. Suddenly I felt a bit like I was surplus to
requirements. Luckily, DJ Al-E-Sunshine pointed me in the right
direction and I'm on more of an even keel I think!

Billy Bragg - To Have And To Have Not - http://youtu.be/iNcygbTNJyE

Hmmm, that's probably enough for this week as I'm on holidays from work,
home, social media and the washing!

John Denver - Leaving On A Jet Plane - http://youtu.be/vLBKOcUbHR0

DJ Rob

SO, IF YOU ASK ME WHY I LIKE THE WAY I PLAY IT
THERE'S ONLY ONE THING I CAN SAY TO YOU

I WANNA ROCK! - Twisted Sister - I Wanna Rock

No comments:

Post a Comment