Friday, August 28, 2015

Song of the Week #363

A very warm welcome to a brief episode. Brief because I'm unemployed and I've been busy riding my bike, playing guitar, meeting friends for a catch-up and reading a book. Well I'm out of work for the next ten days at least! I finished up at my former job yesterday (Thursday) and I've got a few days off before starting something new.  I'm going to work for "Soldier On" which is an organisation dedicated to helping veterans and their families. I can't wait to start as it sounds like a great job. The only downer is that it is only 5km from our house and that's a very short ride...I'm sure I can find some "long way around" ways to get there!

I imagine next week will be a bumper issue. I'm still digesting the new album I wrote about last week. It needs to simmer a bit longer.

Here's a track for you to try. To me it sounds like Sting mashed up with a good dance beat and some guitars. Pretty cool indeed.

Hardcore Superstar - Touch The Sky - https://youtu.be/YmNP0W9qzBQ

I'm just home from rehearsing with the band for our show on September 6th. Loads of fun as usual and it's a good range of songs. Come along and support the primary schools at Atavtabanga and Level in Vanuatu. What's the best thing to do on a Friday night?...

Bob Marley - Jammin' - https://youtu.be/oFRbZJXjWIA

That's all for this week folks. I need some sleep before another hard day of not working.

Deep Purple - Lazy - https://youtu.be/dqM5L5JQseI

Yawn,
Rob

"And it seems such a waste of time
If that's what it's all about
Mama, if that's movin' up then I'm movin' out.", Movin' Out, Billy Joel, 1977.








No comments:

Post a Comment