Friday, July 29, 2011

Song of the Week #153


A shorter episode this week. Bit busy here.


This song was on the radio yesterday – it was a number 1 hit forty years ago. And it still stands up.


Carole King – I Feel The Earth Move


If you watched Cadel Evans win the Tour de France then you might have had the misfortune to also see Tina Arena butcher the Australian National Anthem. That’s a shame because she has a good voice. Here’s a tune that DJ Ducky turned me on to:


Jeff Martin and Tina Arena – Don’t Give Up


And someone reminded me of this song over the weekend – and I laughed again and again. You should as well!


Tenacious D – Tribute (live in Sydney)


Finally, a song from an album I’ve had for a while but probably should’ve paid more attention to. Chickenfoot features Sammy and Michael from Van Halen, Chad from the Chilli Peppers and Joe Satriani. It’s a good hard rock album with some great musicianship but that’s not the point here. I heard this song on my iPod when I was running at the Gold Coast and it turned out to be a great tune to exercise to. And then I saw the clip. I think it’s pretty good and certainly not at all what I expected.


Chickenfoot – My Kinda Girl


Have a great weekend,


DJ Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment