Saturday, December 4, 2010

Super Satuday?

Saturday has come and gone. After a short ride and run this morning we
headed into town to Fat Duck Cycles and Espresso. It rained a bit but
the coffee and the company was great.

Later on we took our bikes and gear bags into transistion. I never like
leaving my bike overnight but I am sure the security is top notch. It
would want to be...if there are 1400 competitors and an average bike
might be $5k then that's $6.5m woth of bikes sitting in the compound.

Margeret cooked us a wonderful pre race meal with Craig keeping a close
watch on the ingredients and time. At about 5pm I suddenly felt very
nervous and rattled. I headed out for a 30 min walk with the iPod. I
laughed at some of the messages already chalked on the run course. Head
to my facebook page if you want to see some pictures.

We've all received a heap of emails and text messages supporting us -
thanks to you all. I can tell you that it is very much appreciated even
if a bit overwhelming.

Well, that's it I guess. We leave the house at 4.25am to head to the
start and we race at 5.45am. It will all be over sometime in the late
afternoon or early evening for me at least - AB and Craig will be faster
and I look forward to seeing them out on the course and the when I get
to the finish! Training with such good friends has been absolutely awesome.

I'll report back with results as soon as I'm up to it.

Rob #577

No comments:

Post a Comment